Thursday, September 28, 2017

Money can't buy me peace

I will look at the concept of peace and God. Psalm 16 helps understands how to have peace.
The world thinks that if they have money then peace will happen.
When a person trust in the Lord even if they have no money, there will be peace.
Psalm 16:1 says, "Keep me safe, my God, for in you I take refuge."
I will keep on going on Psalm 16:2. The verse says, "I say to the Lord, “You are my Lord; apart from you I have no good thing.”
You will have an enriched life when you know that you are a sinner because if a person think that they are good people then they will refuse the Lord. Do you think that you are good people then you will not grow in the Lord or accept him.
The noble people of the culture should be the people that honor the Lord and not the sport's stars.
Psalm 16:3 says, "I say of the holy people who are in the land,  “They are the noble ones in whom is all my delight.”
The sad news that some people will refuse to follow the Lord and sell their soul for money and fame.
We can look up to these people but we should not. The people of the world should have value from the Lord and not the culture. The pop culture will be off-centered.
Psalm 16:4 says, " Those who run after other gods will suffer more and more. I will not pour out libations of blood to such gods or take up their names on my lips."
The problem in the United States is that people don't trust in the Lord but in the money and houses.
There is nothing wrong with things but the Lord is always there but money and houses can be taken away.
Psalm 16:5 says, "Lord, you alone are my portion and my cup;  you make my lot secure."
I have an confession about my life.  I don't know the future but when I walk with the Lord, my life will not be perfect but my soul is at rest. It is like God knows better me.
Psalm 16:6 says, "The boundary lines have fallen for me in pleasant places; surely I have a delightful inheritance."
I will be lost in this world because there are bad information in the schools, podcast and news.
The Word of God is always true and will never lead me astray.
Psalm 16:7 says, "I will praise the Lord, who counsels me,  even at night my heart instructs me."
The culture will always have wars and people will follow the bad sheep but they will lead you into a bad place. The true hero is Jesus. Jesus will never let you down with the honest truth.
Psalm 16:8 says, "I keep my eyes always on the Lord. With him at my right hand, I will not be shaken."
I went to a retirement plan meeting at my work. The guys gave good advice but they refuse to guarantee about their investing ideas.
The Lord will be steady and will lead you right. If you put your trust in the Lord then God will provide for your soul and body. Everyone will die and if a person have faith in Jesus then eternal life  awaits for that person.
Psalm 16:9-11 says, "Therefore my heart is glad and my tongue rejoices; my body also will rest secure,  because you will not abandon me to the realm of the dead, nor will you let your faithful one see decay.  You make known to me the path of life; you will fill me with joy in your presence, with eternal pleasures at your right hand."


No comments:

Post a Comment