Sunday, August 6, 2017

Feeling that you are forgotten?

Have you felt that you are pointless and the world is walking on you? I have felt this way and you will read about the feeling that King David had. You can relate but we need to follow his path to the right direction.
Psalm 13 is for you, for all the people that feel distant and the politicians will not help you.
King David felt all alone so he want a song to the Lord and this could be the best song that ever been written.
Verse one says, "How long, Lord? Will you forget me forever? How long will you hide your face from me?"
David was living in a time when the Lord felt all alone. He was anointed king of Israel but the current king of that time was going to kill him so he felt like a wanted man. There are times when it seems the world will kill you and that God is near. God is always faithful and emotions can lie so if you feel this way, cry out to God.
Verse two says, "How long must I wrestle with my thoughts and day after day have sorrow in my heart? How long will my enemy triumph over me?"
David fought against sorrow in his heart. Life doesn't always seem fair and God want us to be honest. David was East Coast honest. God is big enough to handle our emotions. Tell God your sad emotions and there is the beginning of healing. 
It seemed that the people that wanted to kill was winning. Christians that live in a Muslim controlled or Buddhist controlled countries can be treated with a harsh hand and feel alone. They face death many times.
Even in the United States, the culture will attack Bible believing people and it is a cool thing to do.    
There are times when people of faith have been put in the list of terrorist before.
It is always seems that the people that hate faith in Jesus will always win.
Verse three and four says, "Look on me and answer, Lord my God. Give light to my eyes, or I will sleep in death,  and my enemy will say, “I have overcome him,” and my foes will rejoice when I fall."
King David was at the end of the struggle with the possibility of death.  He realized that God was his only hope. God allows hard times so we can know that God is our only deliverance. 
Many people wanted King David to be dead.
There are groups that want to kill all the Christians in the Middle East. There are groups in India that want Christians to be killed. There are groups in the United States that want the church to be ended because they took a stand on gay marriage. They planted people in the churches so they could have the IRS tax exemption taken away and the media slanders the church all the time.
Verse five says, "But I trust in your unfailing love; my heart rejoices in your salvation."
David knew that God was real and the he would be safe because he in the Lord's hand. We must know that, too.
In the end of the day, no matter if the government, group and other entity are after a person of faith. The truth is God will protect the person of faith.
Verse six says, "I will sing the Lord’s praise, for he has been good to me."
King David was feeling good, again. The secret is that he took his emotions to God and he was happy again.
I have learned this from my friends that needs to talk about something a couple days then after all the talking, the issue will be better.
We need a good friend to talk to and God is our best friend.
Do you know the Lord? Talk to Him. 
If you don't like the Bible or God then see that God is good. We all need Jesus and I pray that you will realize that someday.
Have a good day!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UvPBFdZVasI 

No comments:

Post a Comment