Wednesday, April 20, 2016

The Messianic Prophecy, my Jewish friends

How was Israel going to recognize the Messiah?

1) The Seed of Abraham, bless the world
Genesis 12:1-3
The Lord had said to Abram, “Go from your country, your people and your father’s household to the land I will show you.  “I will make you into a great nation and I will bless you; I will make your name great, and you will be a blessing."

Genesis 22:18
And through your offspring  all nations on earth will be blessed, because you have obeyed me.

2) The seed of Isaac
Genesis 21:12
But God said to him, “Do not be so distressed about the boy and your slave woman. Listen to whatever Sarah tells you, because it is through Isaac that your offspring will be reckoned.

3) The seed of Jacob
Genesis 28:13-14
There above it stood the Lord, and he said: “I am the Lord, the God of your father Abraham and the God of Isaac. I will give you and your descendants the land on which you are lying. Your descendants will be like the dust of the earth, and you will spread out to the west and to the east, to the north and to the south. All peoples on earth will be blessed through you and your offspring.

4) The Tribe of Judah
Genesis 49:10
 The scepter will not depart from Judah, nor the ruler’s staff from between his feet, until he to whom it belongs shall come and the obedience of the nations shall be his.

5) The Line of David
2 Samuel 7:12-17
 When your days are over and you rest with your ancestors, I will raise up your offspring to succeed you, your own flesh and blood, and I will establish his kingdom.  He is the one who will build a house for my Name, and I will establish the throne of his kingdom forever. I will be his father, and he will be my son. When he does wrong, I will punish him with a rod wielded by men, with floggings inflicted by human hands.  But my love will never be taken away from him, as I took it away from Saul, whom I removed from before you. Your house and your kingdom will endure forever before me; your throne will be established forever.’”
Nathan reported to David all the words of this entire revelation.

6) The City of David, Bethlehem
Micah 5:2
 But you, Bethlehem Ephrathah, though you are small among the clans of Judah, out of you will come for me
 one who will be ruler over Israel, whose origins are from of old, from ancient times.




No comments:

Post a Comment