Monday, November 18, 2019

Cry for love

Have you ever wondered who will hear you when there a times of trouble? You many not have an significant other so you feel alone. You may have an significant other and still feel alone.

I have good news. God can hear you when you call out to Him. King David had moments of weakness and God was His only hope. Psalm 28:1-2 says, "To you I call, O Lord my Rock; do not turn a deaf ear to me. For if you remain silent, I will be like those who have gone down to the pit. Hear my cry for mercy as I call to you for help, as I lift up my hands toward your Most Holy Place."

I know that I am an follower of Jesus and I can face trials in this life. The culture is getting worst and it is easy to follow the culture. I ask the Lord to help me to remain strong in Him. I have the same desire as King David. Psalm 28:3 says, "Do not drag me away with the wicked, with those who do evil, who speak cordially with their neighbors but harbor malice in their hearts."

People think that they can sin against God and be okay. This is an lie. God will judge sin and if a person is living in sin, they will be judged. Psalm 28:4-5 says, "Repay them for their deeds and for their deeds and for their evil work; repay them for what their hands have done and bring back upon them what they deserve. Since they show no regard for the works of the Lord and what his hands have done, he will tear them down and tear them down and never build them up again."

The culture will always promote self-love and no regard to God. Temptation will tell an person that knows God, not to follow Him. Temptation will tell the non-believer that they are good people and they do not need to repent.

King David asked the Lord to hold his heart. I have asked the Lord to hold my heart. Psalm 28:6-7 says, "Praise be to the Lord, for he has heard my cry for mercy. The Lord is my strength and my shield; my heart trusts in him and I am helped. My heart leaps for joy and I will give thanks to him in song."

We live in a here today and gone tomorrow world. It is easy to seem happy when you have money and health. The true trials of money issues and health will bring the spirit down. If an person depends on their strength without the Lord, life will humble them.

My strength is not my money or health. The strength of my life is Jesus. Psalm 28:8-9 says, "The Lord is the strength of his people, a fortress of salvation for his anointed  one. Save your people and bless your inheritance; be their shepherd and carry them forever."

Gif: https://giphy.com/gifs/iGpeeumqhl5K66XG3n




No comments:

Post a Comment